Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog 4

podcasting icon


Langwitches:
Langwitches is a website that deals with podcasting in a 1st grade classroom. It seemed as though all the students really enjoyed podcasting as they could watch their own videos and become more technological literate while having fun. By having fun I believe you keep the students interest which better enables them to learn. An activity like podcasting I could see myself using in the classroom.

Benefits of Podcasting: 
There are a lot of benefits associated with using podcasts in the classroom. Like me, I believe most people learn best from a visual teaching method rather than auditory or other methods. Podcasting can also allow students to keep up with assignments when they are not in school by using the computer which can be beneficial.  I never really had any teacher that attempted to teach with podcasts very much but I will try them out to see how they relate to learning.

100 ways to use an iPod:
I never even knew that an iPod could be used for anything other that listening to music with. You can download more than just music to your iPod such as podcasts and notes. Along with being a fun device it can also be beneficial. I never thought that I would learn so much about technology in this class.

2 comments:

  1. NOAH!

    I think we may need to have another chit-chat. :/ Come visit me or call or text me. 656-9301

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete