Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog 6

networking picture


Networked student:
It was interesting to see how many similarities there were between our class and those of the students in the video. It also showed how their blogs are posted up for everyone to see like ours. I would be interested to see how well my future students will be able to learn using methods like these too.
The video stated why are teachers even needed to learn. In my opinion teachers are needed to aid learning. All students need to be guided through the learning process and with proper guidance a good student will be able to reach his or her potential quickly instead of working aimlessly on their own.
A 7th grader
I was astonished after watching this video on how intelligent this student was. I remember myself in the seventh grade and can honestly say that I was not even a fraction of the student as she was. But for as much work she did on computers I can see how she was better organized as well. Books and papers can easily turn into a clutter if you are not careful. But with the independence she showed at the 7th grade level she will excel. I would even say she is more organized than most college students. Although I have not set up a PLN I do plan to do so after seeing how helpful it can be.

2 comments:

  1. Noah,
    First off, great post! Your points were clearly stated and well organized. I agree that teachers are essential in the process of learning. Yes, ALL students need to be guided in the right direction and teachers are the ones to do so.
    When I was in 7th grade, personal computers weren't even an option for us. Pencils and textbooks were the gateway of which we learned through. You mentioned that with the level she is at, she will excel in all aspects. I completely agree. If she is as organized as she is in 7th grade, imagine how her organizational skills will grow in the future.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah,

    GOOD JOB! I would like to see you go into a bit more detail. How to you plan on using connectivism in your own future classroom?

    One more criticism:

    You should be adding links and pictures too all of your posts. Easy fix. Since it's a required class week, I'll show you how when I see you next.

    Keep up the good work though!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete